In the latest episode of our Facing Change series, we speak to James Anderson – Founder and Editor in Chief at PAM Insight, the leading provider of essential and specialist news and analysis for the wealth management sector and curator of industry events.
We asked James for his views on:
- How the industry has changed over the past 20+ years since PAM insights was established and how the needs of wealth and asset manager clients has changed over that time.
- Whether COVID represents a watershed in terms of how wealth and asset managers operate and service their clients?
- Has the industry invested enough in digitalisation of processes and tools to facilitate compliance, KYC, customer service and communications for the modern era?
- Is there a sense from firms that compliance is seen simply as a business cost, or is good compliance practice seen as a competitive advantage?
- Does the wealth and asset management sectors do enough to keep out the reported £37bn of bad money that goes through the UK financial system in the UK each year?
- Is the apparent increase in the use of cryptocurrencies as a result of lockdown is an opportunity or a threat for markets?
- And, looking forward, how can the WM industry position itself to come out of this crisis stronger and more resilient?